- External commercial relations
- Inward investment promotion
- Business support
- Belt and Road Initiative
- Intellectual property protection
- Consumer protection
- Film Censorship
- Control of obscene and indecent articles
- Convention and exhibition
- Postal Services
- Trade facilitation
- Cargo customs facilitation
- Government Electronic Trading Services
- Trade Single Window
- Wine Business
- United Nations Security Council Sanctions
Hongkong Post provides reliable, efficient, and universal postal services at reasonable prices to fulfil the needs of local residents and its international postal obligations, with a global reach of over 200 destinations. It has been operating as a trading fund department since August 1995. This gives a higher degree of flexibility in resources management and improves productivity, efficiency, and customer service standards.
Other than letter and parcel service, Hongkong Post also provides a wide range of services for customers with different needs, such as Speedpost, and Local CourierPost services. In addition, to cope with the growth in the e-commerce market, a number of services such as e-Express and EC-Get services were introduced.
- Speedpost provides reliable, convenient and value for money express international delivery service to customers, where packages can be delivered to major international cities on the following business day at the earliest.
- Local CourierPost service guarantees that items destined for major commercial and industrial areas and accepted before the cut-off time are delivered on the following working day.
- e-Express service offers online tracking data of the items sent, which facilitates e-Commerce business.
- EC-Get service provides an economical and flexible option for customers to collect their mail items at post offices or iPostal Stations.
To keep pace with the growth of e-commerce business, Hongkong Post has been enhancing the mail posting and collection facilities and services. Since May 2016, Hongkong Post has been expanding its network of iPostal Stations in the territory to provide the public with greater convenience in collecting mail items in different locations. Starting from July 2021, the self-service posting facility “iPostal Kiosks” came into service. Hongkong Post will continue to extend the coverage of these series of self-service facilities in the territory.
For bills and payments, PayThruPost provides one-stop service for customers to settle government, utility and other bill payments by cash, cheque, and EPS at all post offices. Contactless mobile payments are also available for transactions at all post office counters and iPostal Kiosks.
Hong Kong stamps continue to be popular with the public and philatelists of Hong Kong. In addition to its extensive post office network, Hongkong Post also make use of its ShopThruPost online platform to enable local and overseas philatelists to purchase Hong Kong stamps and philatelic products in a convenient manner.
Looking ahead, Hongkong Post is keen to enhance its capacity to capture the demand for the cross-border e-commerce business and contribute to the development of the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area. It has secured funding support from the Legislative Council for the redevelopment of the Air Mail Centre which will be equipped with modern facilities and technology for enhanced efficiency and capacity with operation expected to commence by end 2027.