- External commercial relations
- Inward investment promotion
- Business support
- Belt and Road Initiative
- Intellectual property protection
- Consumer protection
- Film Censorship
- Control of obscene and indecent articles
- Convention and exhibition
- Postal Services
- Trade facilitation
- Cargo customs facilitation
- Government Electronic Trading Services
- Trade Single Window
- Wine Business
- United Nations Security Council Sanctions
The convention and exhibition (C&E) industry is vital to Hong Kong as an international trade centre. It promotes the overall economic development, trading, as well as Hong Kong brands across a multitude of industries. By attracting high-spending overnight business visitors to Hong Kong, it also creates additional employment opportunities in the city and business opportunities for the local tourism, retail, catering, and entertainment industries.
Each year, Hong Kong hosts a wide array of large-scale international C&E events, ranging from the Belt and Road Summit, Asian Financial Forum, Asian Logistics and Maritime Conference, and Business of IP Asia Forum, to arts and design magnets, such as Art Basel and the Business of Design Week. These world-class conventions and exhibitions are Hong Kong’s annual flagship events. Of all the international trade shows held in Hong Kong each year, over ten are the largest in Asia and globally for their respective trades, including electronics, jewellery, gifts, watches and clocks, lighting, amongst others.
To reinforce the advantages of Hong Kong’s C&E industry, the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Government has ongoing projects to increase the supply of C&E facilities. These include the redevelopment of the sites of the three government towers and the Kong Wan Fire Station into C&E facilities, hotel, and office as well as the expansion of AWE.
Convention and Exhibition Industry Subsidy Scheme
- Subsidise all participants of TDC’s exhibitions and major conventions with 50% of their participation fee and the organisers of exhibitions and international conventions at the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre and AsiaWorld-Expo with 100% of the venue rental (for the latter, see Application Guidelines and Forms for Rental Subsidy for details)