The Hong Kong SAR Government has over 40 funding schemes that support the growth and operations of SMEs and startups. Reach out to one of the four SME service centres to find out more about them, or look them up via StartmeupHK.
Funding schemes initiated by the Commerce and Economic Development Bureau for enterprises include:
- Provide financial assistance to encourage SMEs to participate in export promotion activities
- Provide financial assistance to assist SMEs in exploring and developing the Mainland and other overseas markets that have signed free trade agreements with Hong Kong
- Support brand development, upgrading and restructuring operations, and promotion of domestic sales
- Implemented by the Hong Kong Mortgage Corporation Limited
- Provide loan guarantee at a preferential fee to help SMEs obtain commercial loans
- 80% and 90% Guarantee Products help SMEs in need of working capital
- Special 100% Guarantee Product helps SMEs severely affected by COVID-19 pandemic
- Encourage early adoption of the latest 5G technologies to foster innovation and smart city applications, and to improve efficiency of operations and quality of services.
- Subsidise 50% of the costs directly relevant to the deployment of 5G technology, subject to a cap of $500,000.