- External Commercial Relations
- Industry and Business Support
- Intellectual Property
- Inward Investment Promotion
- Consumer Protection
- Promotion of Competition
- Cargo Customs Facilitation
- Government Electronic Trading Services
- Trade Single Window
- Meteorological Services
- Postal Services
- Wine Business
- United Nations Security Council Sanctions
Hongkong Post provides reliable, efficient, and universal postal services at reasonable prices to fulfil the needs of local residents and its international postal obligations, with a global reach of over 200 destinations. It has been operating as a trading fund department since August 1995. This gives a higher degree of flexibility in resource management and improve productivity, efficiency, and customer service standards.
Other than letter and parcel service, Hongkong Post also provides a wide range of services for customers with different needs, such as Speedpost, Local Courierpost services, and e-Express.
- Speedpost provides reliable, convenient and value for money express international delivery service to customers, where packages can be delivered to major international cities on the following business day at the earliest.
- Local Courierpost service guarantees that items destined for major commercial and industrial areas and accepted before the cut-off time are delivered on the following working day.
- e-Express service offers online tracking data of the items sent, which facilitates e-Commerce. Senders can prepare an all-in-one shipping label, which includes posting information and customs declaration, on the EC-ship online portal.
Since 2016, Hongkong Post has been expanding its network of iPostal Stations in the territory to provide the public with greater convenience in collecting mail items in different locations.
For bills and payments, PayThruPost provides one-stop service for customers to settle government, utility and other bill payments by cash, cheque, and EPS at all post offices.
Hong Kong stamps continue to be popular with the public and philatelists of Hong Kong. In addition to its extensive post office network, Hongkong Post also make use of its ShopThruPost online platform to enable local and overseas philatelists to purchase Hong Kong stamps and philatelic products in a convenient manner.
To facilitate the development of e-commerce in Hong Kong, Hongkong Post established a key public infrastructure in January 2000 and acts as the first public certification authority in Hong Kong. Hongkong Post issues digital certificates, called “e-certs”, that authenticate the identity of individuals and businesses, providing assurance of security for online transactions.